Wednesday, September 28, 2016

LAD#7

Image result for george washington farewell address
Photo#1: Portrait of Washington by Gilbert Stuart
Friends and Citizens...I will not run for re-election. I have been called to duty twice, and now I really want to retire. I have fulfilled my duty and my service is no longer required by the country. Thank you for the many honors you have given me.
I ought to stop here but I need to give you some parting advice:
  1. A unified country is your source of strength. Keep the country unified. You all have much in common with each other.
  2. Working together the North, South, East, and West will all prosper and grow, and strengthen the country as a whole.
  3. We will determine by experiment if one government can manage so large a country.
  4. Resist the temptation to think that there are various geographies of our country, in union you will remain strongest.
  5. Obeying the government and our Constitution is fundamental to the continuing existence of our country.
  6.  Change the Constitution only with great, great care.
  7. Beware of forming political parties, they can undermine the government and destroy the country.
  8. Retain the separation of the government: Judicial, Legislative, and Executive.
  9. Religion is required for the morality of the nation.
  10. Promote education.
  11. Taxes are required, try not to incur debt.
  12. Work for peace and harmony, this is the right thing to do. Treat all nations fairly and do not favor any one nation, and do not hold grudges.
  13. Guard against foreign influence.
  14. My proclamation about the war in Europe is consistent with my plan for neutrality.
  15. I hope my errors and faults are corrected and forgotten, and I look forward to retiring.
Image result for clinton and trump
Photo#2: Clinton v. Trump(two parties...like Washington warned against)

No comments:

Post a Comment